Monday, March 1, 2010

Whatta Weekend!

Talk about a roller coaster of a weekend! It was a busy one....but loads of fun too! Nothing too major, but just, you know....busy. Saturday's big "planned" event was a parent/child bowling tourney that the youth bowlers participate in annually. Well, let's just say that our boys most certainly have their dad as a partner, but there is no way on this green earth that they want their mom as their bowling partner. I am seriously the world's WORST bowler....now I totally ROCK at wii bowling, but the real deal....ummmm, not so much. So with an hour before we were scheduled to bowl, Bryan begged and pleaded and maybe even whined just a teensy bit and snagged another bowler for Harrison. Our guys didn't place "in the money", but they had respectable finishes :)






My darling, darling , DARLING brother gave Alexander a cookbook for Christmas. OK, you say....so what's the big deal? Nothing really, except for the fact that I LOVE to cook & bake and I find it oddly relaxing - and trying to teach your 'know-it-all' child how to cook & bake is NOT relaxing. In fact, it is JUST the opposite. It is more along the lines of....pass the tequila please :) If I say do it this way....he does it THAT way.....grrrrrr.......so, on Saturday he was bound and determined to make some homemade ravioli from scratch. Fine. Have at it. I'm going downstairs to clean. And I'm not coming up for a very, very, very long time I guess......


I am still finding flour two days later - and that is WITH Dad helping to tidy things up - ROFL!! *Sigh* It IS great, I just need to step back and let go a little (ok, ok, A LOT) - it is just really, really hard. But, for dinner on Saturday we were treated to some ravioli handmade by our own little chef :) Pretty cool, huh? (and nobody was maimed.....even better!)


No comments: