Thursday, June 24, 2010

Disconnected...

It is amazing to learn that you can be addicted to something totally and completely inanimate......and invisible. I had this revelation this week. I am the very last person in the world that would do a spontaneous trip....I like to plan things out (even to the point of making packing charts and such - pathetic, I know)....but on Friday I decided to throw all of that out the window and sprung a camping trip to the family. I spent Friday night and Saturday getting our camper ready to go and right after church (and Father's Day brunch) we headed to the campground (heck, I was still in my dress and heels!!!) The boys were ecstatic but in shock....it was awesome! It is at the campground that I had my revelation. I grabbed my blackberry to reply to a facebook post and discovered that I didn't have internet - AT ALL. Not on my blackberry. Not on my itouch. Nothing. Couldn't even download a new book. Huh. After some panic - (I mean, how in the world would I keep in touch with everyone?!?! LOL!!) Peace settled over me as I looked over the lake. Yep, maybe it is a great thing to unplug for a little bit. I believe full heartedly that God was giving me a little push- OK, maybe a BIG push (giggle) but it was just what I needed. My morning routine is now to go for a jog or bike ride, enjoy my coffee & devotional on the dock while the geese families meander on by, make a big yummy breakfast (outside!!) - and then just chill with the boys. Hmmmmmm.....I think God knows a thing or two about reconnecting with Him and the world He has given us to care for. I am grateful for this time. On that note.....I am also VERY grateful that there is a wi-fi coffee shop 5 miles down the road that I am now enjoying my mint mocha at :) Come on now........a girl needs a little connection time too!!!

3 comments:

~~Mia~~ said...

lol!!! love it girl!!!!! toooo funny!!!

i'm actually getting internet hooked up in my camper.....LOL!

Kelly B Rutherford said...

That's great!!! It is good to take time to look around at what He has given us and to thank Him!! Glad you are having a good time and did find some wi-fi to at least get a daily quick fix!!

Mara Campbell said...

Glad you are having a good time unplugging. It's so hard to do, sometimes!!